Chard Quinoa Tostadas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
1 cup of cooked quinoa (warm)
1/4 cup pork chorizo
4 ounces rainbow chard, thinly sliced
4 l’itois onions, finely sliced
2 Easter egg radishes sliced into matchsticks
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3 flour tortilla tostada bowls
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1. Cook chorizo in large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add thinly sliced rainbow chard and continue cooking for 2 minutes until chard has slightly wilted.
3. Stir warm quinoa into pan and cook for 1 minute until warmed through.
4. Drizzle 1 tablespoon agave and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into tostada bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, l’itoi onions and radishes.
Variation: Add diced avocado to tostada bowls.
Nutrition Facts for one tostada (1 tostada): 430 calories; 16g total fat; 7g saturated fat; 35mg cholesterol; 750mg sodium; 58g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 14g protein
Daikon Summer Rolls
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
¼ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 tablespoon peels and grated ginger root
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
3 rice paper rounds (12 inch)
4 ounces *spiral sliced Daikon radish
1 cup finely chopped tatsoi/bok choy blend
2 ounces shredded Easter egg radishes (about 4)
1 green garlic, finely mined (white & green parts)
2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
1/4 orange bell pepper, finely sliced into strips
4 stalks baby asparagus
1. Combine canola oil, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, lime juice, and ginger root in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
2. Combine Daikon radish, tatsoi/bok choy blend, Easter egg radishes, green garlic, and mint in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Pour dressing over radish mixture and toss well to combine. Add sesame seeds and let rest.
4. Prepare rice paper by immersing once piece into very warm water for about 45 seconds or until tender. Remove and lay flat on a cutting board.
5. Add 1/3 of the radish mixture to the bottom third of the rice paper round. Place two slices of bell pepper and 1 asparagus on top.
6. Fold up the bottom towards the top and then fold in the right and left sides. Roll towards the top and place seam side down. Let rest for 1 minute.
7. Slice into three pieces and serve immediately
Cook’s Note: *If you do not own a spiral slicer, use your food processor fitted with the
grating blade to shred the radishes.
Nutrition Facts for one roll (3 pieces): 300 calories; 23g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 720mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 4g protein